Thread: Do you need CS:S to play GMOD?

Question Do you need CS:S to play GMOD?

On the page it says "This game requires that you own a Source engine game such as Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, or Day of Defeat: Source. Click here for a full list of games that meet this requirement. Please note that Portal: First Slice and the bundled Half-Life 2: Deathmatch do not fulfill this requirement"

I have Counter Strike Source installed but its from a different account (if I start the game I need the product key, which I dont have) If I buy it will it work?

Quote Originally Posted by ItzKitKat View Post
    On the page it says "This game requires that you own a Source engine game such as Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2, or Day of Defeat: Source. Click here for a full list of games that meet this requirement. Please note that Portal: First Slice and the bundled Half-Life 2: Deathmatch do not fulfill this requirement"

I have Counter Strike Source installed but its from a different account (if I start the game I need the product key, which I dont have) If I buy it will it work?
    Yes
    And no
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Inbox me with any concerns or site issues you can reach me by
    Private message or email me [email protected]

You don't NEED it, but a lot of servers use textures from the game, so it'll be a good idea to get it if you don't want to see the missing textures.